Nepal Humanitarian News
Major News Outlets
* eKantipur: Kantipur Publications' news portal. Politically leans towards the center, and sometimes slightly left of the center, but is essentially commercial in nature.
* Republica: Private English-language daily by Nepal Republic Media.
* Nagarik: Private Nepali-language daily by Nepal Republic Media.
* Gorkhapatra: Government-owned Nepali-language daily. Emphasizes views of the party in power.
* Himal Khabarpatrika: A Nepali-language fortnightly from the Himal Media Group. Covers current affairs and politics. Espouses democratic socialism
* Himal South Asia: Southasian English-language magazine. Advocates a region without borders.
* Kantipur: A Nepali language daily newspaper. Sister-publication of Kantipur Publications.
* Nepal Magazine: A Nepali-language weekly, also from the Kantipur Publications
* Kamana Publications: Private publishers of Samacharpatra daily and other publications
* Newsfront: A weekly newspaper from the Samay Group, based in Kathmandu
* Nepali Times: Weekly English language newspaper from the Himal Media Group
* Nepalnews: News portal operated by Merchantile Group. It is commercial in its leaning.
* Spotlight: One of the oldest and surviving English-language weeklies. Used to be centrist, but in recent years gravitated more towards the right
* The HImalayan Times: Commercial, English-language daily. A subsidiary of an Indian media company.
* The Kathmandu Post: English-language daily from Kantipur Publications
* The People's Review: English-language weekly. Is very conservative and leans towards the palace
* The Rising Nepal: Government-owned English-language daily; from the Gorkhapatra Corporation
* The Telegraph: An English-language weekly. Also publishes commentaries and acadmemic content
* Avenues TV: A 24-hour news channel by Ad Avenues Nepal
* Channel Nepal: A general-interest channel by Space Time Network Pvt. Ltd
* Kantipur TV: News and intertaintment channel by Kantipur Publications
* Nepal 1: A station based in New Delhi, India
* Nepal Television: Official channel
* ABC Channel: A news channel
* Sagarmatha TV: A Kathmandu-based news channel
* Sagarmatha TV: A US-based channel
* Image Channel: A variety channel
* Nepali TV: A UK-based channel
* Terai TV: A Birgunj-based regional satellite channel
* Nepal Channels: Nepal Channels (Internet access to live Nepal Channels via subscription, based in Japan)
* Classic FM
* Kalika FM
* Nepal 91.8 FM
* HBC 94 FM
* Hits FM
* Radio City 98.8 FM
* Metro 106.7 FM
* Image 97.9 FM
* Radio Nepal
* Radio Sagarmatha
* BFBS Gurkha Radio
* Kantipur 96.1 FM
* Radio Annapurna 93.4 FM
* Nepalradio.org: "One stop source for radio broadcasting in Nepal"
* Blogger Nepal: Aims to "to put the country back on track."
* Blogdai: Literally "Elder Brother with a Blog," provides incisive and critical look at Nepali politics
* Bahas: Debate (pronounced Ba'-hus) is blog by Kanunisanchar, a legal communication portal
* Deepak's Diary: A blog by journalist Deepak Adhikari
* Democracy for Nepal: Advocates a democratic republic, with major emphasis on Madhesi rights
* Nepali Perspectives: "Opinions of individuals with shared interests"
* Nepali Voices: A blog about Nepali blogosphere, by Ujjwal Acharya
* Samudaya: Nepali for "community," attempts to "involve the young in the construction of a New Nepal."
* Nepali Notebook: Topical political commentaries by Maila Baje
* WeBlog Nepal: Strives "to reflect [on] current affairs" and more.
* INSN: Short form for International Nepal Solidarity Network, of concerned persons working for peace, justice, and self-determination for the people of Nepal.
* United We Blog: A forum for "like-minded journalists" to express things
* Phalano: A photo blog; publishes newsworthy images
* My Sansar: Nepal's first Nepali-language blog; covers politics and current affairs
* Hamro Blog: Aims to blog on democracy, free expression, etc.
* Global Voices: A "non-profit global citizens’ media project."
If you would like to add your news site to this list, please email the URL and an introductory blurb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 1999-2010 Nepal Monitor. All Rights Reserved.